Frequently asked questions about the event
- Do I need to register for this event?
You do not need to register for this event. You can watch live on the homepage of this site or at umich.edu/watch.
- How can I watch the DEI Summit live?
You can watch live on the homepage of this site or at umich.edu/watch.
- Will video captioning be available during the summit?
Yes - live captioning will be available during the event. The event recording and transcript will also be available on the website following the event.
- I can’t watch the event live. Will it be recorded?
Yes - the event recording and transcript will be available on the website following the event.
- When are the creative contributions due?
Originally October 12, the deadline has been extended to Friday, October 16.
- Who can submit to the Call for Creative Contributions?
All members of the U-M community can participate! We accept all forms of creative work as long as it is original and relevant to the 2020 DEI Summit theme: Arts+Social Change: Building an Anti-Racist World through the Arts. Visit the Creative Contributions page for more information.
- Can I submit questions to the speakers before the event?
Yes - questions for speakers can be submitted online starting October 16.
- How can I engage with viewers during the event?
During the live event on October 26, use the #UMichDEI hashtag on social media to share your reactions, reflections, or questions for the speakers.
- My question isn’t answered here. Who can I contact for more information?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.